WOW!! The Peterborough Greyhounds jersey, still fits me, 10 years after doing the End to End cycle.
This time, 10 years ago, I would have been cycling between John O’Groats to Tongue. A distance of 64.22 miles, with an elevation gain of 1,237 metres. It was the first, time I had ever been to that part of Scotland and till this day, can’t believe how totally amazing the views were!
Check out the route, over at www.strava.com/activities/445506836 and please do give me a kudos. Only had two so far! That’s due to Strava, not being a thing back then!
Michael Broadwith has become the first rider to set a new Land’s End – John o’Groats record in 17 years as he knocked nearly 40 minutes off the previous mark.
Broadwith completed his ride of the length of Great Britain in a time of 43 hours, 25 minutes and 13 seconds, going 39 minutes and seven seconds off the previous record of Gethin Butler from 2001, which some had seen as unbeatable, covering the 841 miles at an average speed of 19.4mph/31.2kmh.
Read more from the Cycling Weekly website.
I’ve just uploaded the data from the End to End cycle that I did back in August 2009 to Strava.
- Day 1 | Sun Aug 9 2009 | John O’Groats to Tongue
- Day 2 | Mon Aug 10 2009 | Tongue to Carbisdale Castle
- Day 3 | Tue Aug 11 2009 | Carbisdale Castle to Loch Ness
- Day 4 | Wed Aug 12 2009 | Loch Ness to Glencoe
- Day 5 | Thu Aug 13 2009 | Glencoe to Killearn
- Day 6 | Fri 14 Aug 2009 | Killearn to New Lanark
- Day 7 | Sat 15 Aug 2009 | New Lanark to Carlisle
- Day 8 | Sun 16 Aug 2009 | Carlisle to Slaidburn
- Day 9 | Mon 17 Aug 2009 | Slaidburn to Chester
- Day 10 | Tue 18 Aug 2009 | Rest day
- Day 11 | Wed 19 Aug 2009 | Chester to Clun
- Day 12 | Thu 20 Aug 2009 | Clun to Welsh Bicknor
- Day 13 | Fri 21 Aug 2009 | Welsh Bicknor to Street | No GPS data
- Day 14 | Sat 22 Aug 2009 | Street to Okehampton
- Day 15 | Sun 23 Aug 2009 | Okehampton to Perranporth
- Day 16 | Mon 24 Aug 2009 | Perranporth to Land’s End