I can’t believe it was two years ago today, that I finished the End to End cycle. Where has all that time gone? So I would like to say good luck to everyone that is setting off today. And well done to everyone making it to the end!
Below is a great photo of myself with Henry, Ben and Edward at Land’s End that I met while doing the cycle.
Left to right: Myself, Henry, Ben and Edward at Land's End.
Below the what the accommodation is going to cost for the 2011 JOGLE cycle.
- Day 0: Saturday 6th August 2011 – travelling up to John O’Groats – £19.50.
- Day 1: Sunday 7th August 2011 – John O’Groats to Tongue – £17.50.
- Day 2: Monday 8th August 2011 – Tongue to Carbisdale Castle – £22.50.
- Day 3: Tuesday 9th August 2011 – Carbisdale Castle to Loch Ness – £19.50.
- Day 4: Wednesday 10th August 2011 – Loch Ness to Glencoe – £20.00.
- Day 5: Thursday 11th August 2011 – Glencoe to Killearn – Free staying with family.
- Day 6: Friday 12th August 2011 – Killearn to New Lanark – £16.75.
£115.75 for the Scottish section, per person.
- Day 7: Saturday 13th August 2011 – New Lanark to Carlisle – £23.00.
- Day 8: Sunday 14th August 2011 – Carlisle to Slaidburn – £16.40
- Day 9: Monday 15th August 2011 – Slaidburn to Chester (may change).
- Day 10: Tuesday 16th August 2011 – Chester to Clun (may change) £16.40.
- Camping at Clum Mill from around £10.00, saving £6.40.
- Day 11: Wednesday 17th August 2011 – Clun to Welsh Bicknor – £16.40.
- Camping at Welsh Bicknor from around £10.00 saving £6.40.
- Day 12: Thursday 18th August 2011 – Welsh Bicknor to Street – £22.40.
- Day 13: Friday 19th August 2011 – Street to Okehampton – £23.00.
- Camping at Okehampton from around £10.00, saving £13.00.
- Day 14: Saturday 20th August 2011 – Okehampton to Perranporth – £20.40
- Day 15: Sunday 21st August 2011 – Perranporth to Land’s End – £20.40.
- Camping at Land’s End from around £10.00, saving £10.40.
- Day 16: Monday 22nd August 2011 – travelling back home.
£142 for the English section, per person. If camping costs £105.80. Also need to find accommodation for Chester, since the YHA has closed.
Total price = £257.75 (with camping £221.55). Plus one of one off cost of joining the SYHA/YHA for £10.
All prices correct at 04/03/2011.
Just playing around with a new way of displaying data from the End2End cycle that I did in August 2009. This data is made using a WordPress plugin called Gpx2Graphics. I really like it so far, since you can also view the route with google street view.
Please can you let me know what you think by posting comments below.
Oh dear it’s fast looking like the JOGLE 2011 cycle, planned for August may be off, due to lots of people saying due to having no money, so they can’t do it I will post more when I know for sure…
At long last we have made a start on picking the dates for doing the End2End cycle next year. Right now it’s looking like the following.
- Day 0: Saturday 6th August 2011 – travelling up to John O’Groats.
- Day 1: Sunday 7th August 2011 – cycling from John O’Groats to Tongue.
- Day 2: Monday 8th August 2011 – Tongue to Carbisdale Castle.
- Day 3: Tuesday 9th August 2011 – Carbisdale Castle to Loch Ness.
- Day 4: Wednesday 10th August 2011 – Loch Ness to Glencoe.
- Day 5: Thursday 11th August 2011 – Glencoe to Killearn.
- Day 6: Friday 12th August 2011 – Killearn to New Lanark.
- Day 7: Saturday 13th August 2011 – New Lanark to Carlisle.
- Day 8: Sunday 14th August 2011 – Carlisle to Slaidburn.
- Day 9: Monday 15th August 2011 – Slaidburn to Chester.
- Day 10: Tuesday 16th August 2011 – Chester to Clun.
- Day 11: Wednesday 17th August 2011 – Clun to Welsh Bicknor.
- Day 12: Thursday 18th August 2011 – Welsh Bicknor to Street.
- Day 13: Friday 19th August 2011 – Street to Okehampton.
- Day 14: Saturday 20th August 2011 – Okehampton to Perranporth.
- Day 15: Sunday 21st August 2011 – Perranporth to Land’s End.
- Day 16: Monday 22nd August 2011 – travelling back home.
I am now testing GPS tracking, which is something I would have loved to have done last year, but I did not have the correct mobile phone for doing it. I do know when doing the cycle, it should work most of the time, other then when in the Highlands of Scotland, when your very lucky to get a network, well with Orange anyway.
If you want this for your own website, the code can be found at http://www.google.com/latitude/apps/badge
Below are just some of the lads hoping to do the End2End cycle in 2011. Since the cycle is still a good while, away I am sure that some of them will pull put before that.
We’re also starting to look for new sponsors. Here are some of the reasons you may want to sponsor us:-
- Your company name and/or logo will go on this website.
- It will go on our cycling jerseys which will wear every day, while doing the End2End cycle.
- It’s a good way, to get your name in local new papers.
Team2011. Left to right: Tyler, Dan, Gordon, Tom and Luke.
I had so much fun doing the End to End cycle in August 2009. I have started to planning to do the cycle again, this time for 2011. Yes I know that 2011 is a good while away, but it will give me lots of time to save up money again for it. Also this time, going to get a big group of us going it.
So far at least 4 other people have said they are up for doing it . They are people that I work with at the Peterborough Greyhound Stadium. How they will be with so many of us wanting to take the time off, all at once I have no idea.
Now I really can’t wait for the summer of 2011. Just hope I have better weather this time!
More news on Team2011 soon…
Below are my Record Sheets from the End2End cycle. Which I got stamped each night, other than Okehampton (day 14) since they had lost there stamp.
I really need to get around to sending them off, so I can get my certificate.
End2End record sheet 1
End2End record sheet 2